About Us

About Us
My photo
Met in the most unique way. Tim, Takyiwah, Kiralie, Kimara, Kilan, & Kivana. Living life to the fullest

Family and Friends

Powered by Blogger.

1/20/10

To go back to work or not!

Well, I know it is kind of early to make this decision but I just can't help but think about it all the time these days.
I still have about 10 weeks until my due date and that gives me a lot of time to think and decide. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mum and take care of my little ones. But now that the time has come, I find it kindda hard to make that decision that I made years ago.

Working can bring in extra income into the household which will be nice. I will get to have adult interactions with other people other than Tim and it will look good on a resume.
On the other hand, staying at home to take care and bond with my baby will be priceless. I will be able to capture all the fun and exciting moments as she grows up.

Hmmmmmmmm! This is going to be a hard one. I have a supportive husband who thinks that whatever I decide should be what is best for me and baby and what will make us both happy. Isn't he awesome?!
 Am wondering what my mother would say if she was here with us. And what my mother-in-law would advice.

Some wise women in my life, like auntie Faustie and Kerrie at work have told me that, rearing your own children is the best decision that any woman can ever make. It will take great sacrifice and a ton of faith. But it is so worth it in the end. Money will be tight for sure. But what is important? Enough money to take your kids to fancy places to make up for time you haven't been able to spend with them or to spend priceless quality family time with them? Hmmmmmmm. What do I think the prophet would say?

I guess I have my answer right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment